I'm sending some CDs out this week, and thought that it would be nice to make some summery cases.
So, here's a quickie tutorial:
2 pieces of thickish paper (I used some scrapbook paper) cut into 15cm squares (handily, about 1/4 of a piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper!)
Good quality paper/ craft glue**
1. Cut pieces out neatly.
2. On the reverse side, mark out a 1 cm margin on all sides.
3. Fold over all sides and use a finger nail or similar to make the creases. Glue down one side (this will be the top, if your paper has one). Then mitre the corner as follows:
4. Mitre the bottom corners.
5. Fold over the other three sides, and repeat on the other piece of paper. Put glue on the patterned bits of one sheet that you have just folded over. Use plenty of glue BUT be careful to only apply it to the folded edges.
6. Carefully match the sides up and press the two paper pieces together.
(All sides enclosed, and a nice, neat top edge).
** Addendum: I've just been playing about with this and instead of glue I used those 1cm strips of sticky dots. It worked much better! Also, I used the tip of an old seam ripper to score the fold lines which gives a crisp edge.