Tuesday 2 September 2008

Can I borrow your laptop?

My friend Sylvie just blogged this.



"Scientists from RAND Corporation have created this model to illustrate how a "home computer" could look like in the year 2004. However the needed technology will not be economically feasible for the average home. Also the scientists readily admit that the computer will require not yet invented technology to actually work, but 50 years from now scientific progress is expected to solve problems. With teletype interface and the Fortran language, the computer will be easy to use."

I wouldn't fancy trying to make the bag for that to go in!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Oh come on! With your interlock skills I'm sure it wouldn't take you long at all to whip up a bag for that!

said...

Good grief, what's that huge steering wheel for? I've seen pics of a lot of old computers, ENIAC, UNIVAC, Mark I, etc, but I've never seen one with a steering wheel!

Celia said...

Looks like the Lost series! lol

Christy said...

that's awesome

Indigo Blue said...

I agree. My tutorial took nearly two days as it was. That huge thing would make lose the will to live. But I can remember when calucators were much bigger. Now I need them bigger to be able to 'see' the keys properly!

Anonymous said...

looks like the dashboard of a submarine in an old war film

Mrs Moog said...

Wouldn't take you that long with your overlocker. Bet no-one would leave that one on a train!!

xx

Junie Moon said...

It's really amazing how fast technology has changed our world.