Tuesday, 23 September 2008

Going wild


I just read this very interesting article about reintroducing several species of wild animal which are now extinct in Britain, including beavers, wild boar and wolves.

Personally, I think a lot more thought needs to go into it before letting these creatures loose on modern Britain, although I'm in favour "in theory". I know there's a lot of controversy locally over the culling of wild goats on Snowdon (if left unchecked they over populate and cause massive damage to the eco-system). Although I certainly see the need to control numbers, the idea of an annual cull doesn't sit very comfortably with me at all. It might be a more natural way to control numbers. But then, that's easy for me to say as I'm not a farmer who might have his flock decimated by a pack of wolves.

In case you're interested, the largest native carnivore in modern Britain is the badger.

Unfortunately, when searching for a picture to illustrate this post I was directed to some rather ghastly pro-hunting sites. Blech. The picture is from here.
Sorry about the lack of blogging activity. There is (as always) a story involved, and I have pictures on the camera which I haven't moved over yet.

1 comment:

gaohui said...

You will not have ed hardy clothes to worry about any Christian audigier discomfort, and best of all; most are ed hardy shoes designed to fit your body as the ed hardy outlet little bundle of joy grows allowing ed hardy Bikini you to wear the maternity clothing more than ed hardy hats once.The development of holiday maternity ed hardy swimsuits clothing has coincided with the changing attitudes of ed hardy clothing women regarding their bodies. Today's ed hardy glasses holiday maternity fashions are ed hardy trendy, stylish and sexy, fitting today's ed hardy iphone cases fast-paced lifestyle Now, women ed hardy dresses are proud to show off their baby bump while wearing ed hardy Jackets striking and classy maternity clothing.