Sunday 30 September 2007

I've taken the pledge! gulp!

Right, I'll try to get this right. I found this wardrobe refashion via this blog via U-handblog and thought it was a brilliant idea.

The Pledge
I __________________ pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 / 4 / 6 months. I pledge that i shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoated, recylcled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftyness brings! Signed__________________.


I always try to make my own things/ refashion things anyway. I have signed up for two months which I guess gives me enough time to buy my Christmas outfits if it all goes horribly wrong. So, for the next two months no more shopping for me - just recrafted and recreated items. Gulp!

First, I have a nice gyspy dress which I bought for some reason and it looks like a tent. there's tonnes of fabric in it though and I'm sure I can figure something cool to do with it. answers on a post card (or blog comment) please!

No comments: