Wednesday 30 January 2008

100 Things about me


I’m a Piscean, born in the Chinese year of the Dragon
I have been a vegetarian since I was 12 but …
I still eat prawns
I studied psychology at University
I’m now studying Humanities with the Open University
I got pretty much straight A’s at school …
… but completely let myself down after that!
I never EVER got a detention at school. I wasn’t THAT good, I just never got caught
I love living in Wales …
and can almost speak Welsh
I love my animals and have dogs, cats, guinea pigs, horses, chickens and goats
I want rabbits too
I don’t like birds when they are flying
Actually, I don’t like any flying things at all
Except bats
I have never been in hospital
I work with the local Guide Dogs for the Blind fundraising team
I love writing the newsletter, and sometimes wish I’d become a journalist
I started a blog even though I had nothing to say on it
I love making things and have a whole room full of craft stuff
I’m addicted to ebay
I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer and have every episode (how sad)
And Angel
I love the internet. Wikipedia is the best time-waster ever
My boyfriend is the best EVER
I really love singing, even though I’m rubbish at it
I still can’t ride a horse properly
But I’m working on it
I make a lot of lists
I am still friends with my ex’s mum
I’m a qualified nail technician
I hate driving
But I love my car
It took me three attempts to pass my driving test
I’m terribly uncoordinated
I can’t throw, hit, run, catch, hit a ball with a stick or reverse park
I can read maps, though
I faint at the sight of blood, needles, internal organs or anything gruesome, and had to skip a lot of biology lessons at school
Yet I manage to deal with all the injuries the animals get, including them having stitches, eye operations, sliced open feet and bites
I am an expert at bandaging dog paws. You should be impressed, there’s a knack to it
I have still only even been to the halfway point of Snowdon
I hate sport of any description
I am teaching myself to knit
Every year I promise myself I’ll be a good gardener, but always get bored of weeding and let things die
But I do like growing veggies and fruit
I make my own jam
I make the best curry ever
I have a scar on my eyebrow from where my brother hit me with a hammer when I was about 5
I have dated most of my brother’s friends (a million years ago)
I generally can’t stand children. There are 1 or 2 exceptions (I said generally)
I love reusing old stuff and making it into something else
I have lots of favourite things, which frequently change depending on what mood I’m in.
Because I am very fickle
I only like biscuits ‘sometimes’
I could eat pizza every day
I’m a natural blonde, but I dye my hair brown
I have had it every colour possible. Some of them were even on purpose
I text a lot
I don’t like using the ‘phone
I don’t like asking shop assistants where things are
I haven’t smoked for 5 years, but still can’t refer to myself as a non-smoker
I drink far too much red wine
And fizzy drinks
I love cheese
I can’t abide mushrooms
I can only eat tomato soup if it’s home made
I’m a grammar pedant
I’m still afraid of the dark
I’m not afraid of spiders
Or rats
I’m a very loud drunk
I love quizzes
I don’t believe in God anymore
I’m crap at maths
I am always hungry
I have no patience
I can hold grudges for a v e r y l o n g t i m e
I haven’t gone into my overdraft for about 6 years
Because I’m very careful with money
But I waste an awful lot of time
I can’t stand using a dirty sink
I’ve just realised I haven’t brushed my teeth yet today (yuck)
I like taking exams
I don’t like swimming because I never trust that the water is clean
I’m not sure I’ll manage to finish this list
I’d rather be too cold than too hot
I love getting post, it’s the highlight of my day
I really wish I could draw
Or paint
I can’t abide rude or stupid (or both) people
I covet. A lot and often.
I like cleaning
But not dusting because it’s a pointless exercise
I hate ironing
I love baking cakes, but then I then don’t eat them so I’ve stopped doing it
I wish Britney Spears would just STOP
I feel guilty about how lucky I am (must be the early Catholicism)
I don’t support capital punishment
Or mass consumerism
I’m far too smug, most of the time

5 comments:

. said...

Strange how much of that I actually did know about you. Some things about people don't change I guess (especially eyebrow scars inflicted by annoying big brothers! Don't you have another one from when he put you in a suit case and pushed you down the stairs?) :)

love M

Marmadaisy said...

No, that just left emotional scars :)

I do have that wonky finger though from "the deckchair incident"

Joanna said...

that is such a fantastic post. I have yet to do my 7 wierd things. i have been completely crap at blogging recently

Joanne said...

Oh I faint at the sight of blood too! Have done since I was a child, when I used to faint when I got too hot as well - very handy for getting out of dull assemblies.

I've only just seen this since bloglines doesn't think you've updated in a while - very strange - and yet here you are posting faithfully!

Anonymous said...

That was a fun read! I'm thinking to steal your idea and do that as well :)