Thursday 14 February 2008

An Award


This Art Award has been passed to me by Joanna, and I gratefully and humbly accept it. It orginated at Arte y pico and, apparently, has been passed from crafty hand to crafty hand ever since. So, I am honoured to bear the Blogging Olympic torch (or albatross) and quixotically pass it on, with the caveat that I don't actually know why it was originally awarded, because I don't speak Portugese.


The rules are:
  • Post the award on your own blog with a link to the blog it came from
  • Indicate its original link and link to that site.
  • Pass the award on to your five favourite bloggers - people who inspire and stimulate.

So, my favourite blogs to inspire and stimulate are:
I love reading Nikki's blog. I love how weird she is (in the BEST way). When I drop in on her blog, I never know what I'm going to get, and yet, I always know what to expect because she is consistently original and open.
Oh, such a clever and witty lady. This blog reminds me that I have an above average IQ, a university education (almost 2, actually), and am a distant descendant of Lord Byron. This makes me want to write beautiful, well thought out, artistically illustrated and intelligent prose. But then I come back to my own blog and see that I've written about poo and I lose my resolve.
I recently found Wendy because she is on the same OU course as me. I might be bending the rules here, because she doesn't write a craft blog, but I'm feeling rebellious. Anyway, writing is an art, especially the way Wendy writes.
Another new blog to me, I found this one through the OWOH giveaway. I love the pictures and I love the vintage feel of the blog. Also, I'm very fond of sand dunes and salty air (that's a song, by the way).
Protect the cookie: Marie was my bestest friend about six thousand years ago when we were at school. Although our lives are now quite different, we share a love of crafting. I love reading about her crafting triumphs and disasters (and knitting that looks like a willy), and seeing pictures of her frighteningly minime-esque children. Marie keeps me 15 years old. And she has far too much on me to not be included in this list :)
So guys, please accept this award from me, and pass it on. I'm going to post on all these blogs, then I'll have another cup of tea and do my OWOH draw.

2 comments:

Cape Cod Washashore said...

My goodness! Firstly a BIG congratulations to YOU, and secondly I am honored you named me! Thank you so very much! I love your blog as well... and I am so glad to have found some new friends through OWOH!

I will get this posted on my blog soon (I'm just getting over some kind of bug and a bit sluggish, but will update my blog very soon). Thank you again! I'm going to come back here often!

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

I love that you love that I'm weird. Because my friend, you are a weirdo as well. Thanks for the award! I'm honored! At this moment I am writing at my computer desk while sitting on a tiny stool & my fingers barely reach the keyboard.
As soon as I'm done packing boxes & finding a proper chair, I'll post my award on the ole bloggity-blog.